Thursday, April 19, 2012

October to Present

Oh dear.  It turns out I am quite a horrible blog correspondent.  In all fairness, rearing and increasingly mobile child does tend to take up all of one's time.  And  yet I have good friends with three times that many who manage to do a better job blogging consistently.  Oh well.  All I can do is hope this glut of pictures from Thanksgiving to present will somewhat make up for my poor communications.
For Halloween, Rigby was a dinosaur.  Well, actually, he was supposed to be Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback since James went as Hagrid and I went as Bellatrix to Winnie and Sarah's annual halloween party.  James wore dry wall stilts.  It was hilarious.  Between his ridiculous height and the ridiculously cute infant, we had the best costume contest in the bag.


Next, Nana and Poppa came up for Thanksgiving.


fun times had by all.  Particularly when the little boys had their first visit with Santa!

Before Nana and Poppa Norman left on their mission, Rigs got some quality time with them, too.

Then came Christmas in Washington!





Oh, by the way, on this trip to Leavenworth for a sled ride, our car broke down.  To this day, it waits in Washington to be fixed.

I know things happened in the rest of January, February and March.  I just apparently didn't want to make memories of those things and didn't take pictures.  There are pictures of Chase's wedding on facebook, etc. where you can see a little of that window of time.

THEN, just recently, was Rigby's first birthday!!!







He was a doll, there was cake involved.  All was well.  Plus, Nana came out for the party!  Hard to believe it's really been a year since I first started this blog and vented my misery from the NICU.  Rigby's a healthy, huge, and happy baby boy.  We're so blessed.

AAAAAAAAND, that just about catches us up.  Oh, wait, one more thing:

We're expecting this little bundle of trouble in October.  Sara thinks it's obscene to post sonograms, so I didn't put it on facebook, but I figure the only people who see this are my closest compatriots, anyways. FYI, it was a surprise to all involved, except Heavenly Father.

I'll try to be better about posting, but given that our load is about to literally double, I'm not making any promises!

5 comments:

  1. It's so fun to see all those picture at once. And Rigby's costume was amazing if I do say so myself. And that sonogram! Wow! The details are amazing. I'm glad you posted and I don't think it's obscene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot. Forgot to give you credit! Blame it on my stupid, pregnant brain.

      Delete
  2. Two things.
    One. I don't think it's obscene to post sonograms. I just think it's a wee bit creepy...MOST especially when people make it their profile picture. I don't need to see your fetus on my newsfeed...over and over and over again. :)

    Two. You didn't want to make memories of the things that happened in those middle months? Like my visit? Heart = hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me!? Overstate someone's opinion? How weird;) my point is, in deference to your distaste for the facebook posting, I only put it here, where all 5 of my loyal readers will see it.
      And as for your trip, I only didn't take pictures because the constant reminder of how sucky life is w/ o you as compared to awesomeness when we get to hang out that I 'd probably want to kill myself

      Delete
    2. Ok, all slights completely forgiven. All I have to do is look at the face of your child and I melt a bit inside. He's the trump card.

      Delete